Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Good day

The morning started well. I was simply pleased to find that not only was I recieving the award as Pengetua for Innovasi but also 4 other teachers of Convent Sentul were listed in two separate awards for Innovation. Some schools were not listed at all and Convent Sentul were listed in two categories. What an honor to be a Pengetua of a school of dedicated teachers and sweet girls!


There on the very first page of the programe book,  I was delighted to discover that Cik Anne Mathews, Cik Arpannah and Pn Norreha were honoured for their work on the "Kikubari and 5S Innovation " studies done on 4 Mawar. Just above their names, I also saw my name and  Pn Fitriyanti  listed in the "Pendekatan Aktif Sains Innovation " award. When I went up stage to recieve the awards, Pengarah Dato' Haji Khairil asked me how the "Pendekatan Aktif Sains" was carried out. He was delighted when he realized it was a very hands on approach and especially when I said the girls loved it! He invited us to share it with other schools.


Ms Anne is always serving and always smiling.

Raudah and Arpannah have beautiful faces and beautiful spirits.
They serve the school with joy.


Norreha is such a gem -
batu permata yang amat bernilai.

Downstage, I was very happy when I opened the awards and found the certificates of appreciation,  prepared for each individual teacher. My greater joy is that all these 4 teachers are really amongst those who are most proactive, full of initiative, and "paling tak kira" in the way they serve the students and the school. God certainly knows how to reward those who love the students like these 4 teachers do. Praise God.

Later a flurry of sms flew between me and Pn Afizah. Questions as - "When are you coming back to the school,"  "We are going to tunda the time so you can come back to see the video the Form 3 girls prepared for you"  I am so sorry to dissapoint you girls and teachers and I would have loved to be with you all in the closing ceremony of the Pasca PMR 2011 but I did ask to be given permission to leave the hall to return back to school, for maybe 45 minutes but permission was denied firmly as there were several very important and urgent briefings.

I smsed both Pn Wang and Pn Afizah to tell them to to send you my love and best wishes to you since I may not get to see the Form 3 for a long while. I asked Pn Afizah to make sure I would be given  a copy of the CD so I can view your video on my laptop. Pn Wang smsed me back to ask me to make sure I come back to school and go to my room to collect something the girls left for me in my room.

Coming back to school, I got so excited seeing Pn Norreha that I scraped my car against the car porch pillar. Thud! What a sickening sound!  I was momentarily saddened by the ugly scratch but when I saw  a group of  girls coming to greet me, the sadness lifted.The girls not only greeted me but  helped carry things down from my car .

"Things are to be used, people are to be loved." and when we used things, cars and all, they sometimes get scratched and scraped.  But I would rather the car be scratched by the porch than the people' hearts be scarred. This is as opposed to "things are to be loved and people to be used. "Remember, girls, things are to be used and people are to be loved.

Your lovely bouquet made me feel so cherished.
Thanks a million!

 When I entered my room, I saw the lovely bouquet of roses. It certainly made me very happy to know I  
 am cherished despite my humanity and failings. And your lovely card is very meaningful.

I was kept so very busy after that. I made two trips to the bank on the PIBG matters. I discussed several urgent issues with several teachers and various office staff. It is good to know all the busy activities in  school has a higher purpose - to bring joy and betterment to both students and teachers and staff.  It's a really good day!

6 comments:

  1. Glad teacher like the flowers, specially from form 3 students. We feel very proud to have such a great principal like you teacher, and once again, CONGRATULATIONS for the award teacher. Teacher really do deserve that award! -pavitra

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are still so fresh and lovely even this morning. The florist must have given the best flowers!I love the roses...Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Lovely blog, it's so nice to hear about what's going on at the school. I wonder if you can do me a favour, I graduated from Convent Sentul Secondary in 1976. I live in Australia and am applying to be a nurse. My application requires proof that the medium of instruction in 1976 was in English, and I cannot supply any. Would you be able to help?
    Thanks,
    Inderjeet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shouldn't be a problem cos in 76' the medium was in English.

    Can you draft a letter in English for your purpose and send to my email debbieyeong@yahoo.com. I will edit it and print on the school letter head and then email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for taking the time out to help me with this. I really appreciate your effort, it was very kind of you. I'm so happy to see that the girls at the school have such a caring principal. Warmest regards and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have sent you the email of the letter you need. Is it in order? It wasn't a major problem for me - just a small gesture - you are most welcome

    ReplyDelete