Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

W.O.W! - Women of Worth!

A celebrity came to Convent Sentul today in the person of Michelle Tan! Heads turned, some jaws dropped as the girls watched beautiful Michelle walk confidently in.




The girls listened attentively as Michelle shared how she was once the ugly duckling and how she had felt as the ugly duckling. And she told our girls that they were  WOW! - women of worth and they need not feel like an ugly duckling anymore.

She encouraged our  girls and told them they needed to believe they were women of worth - WOW!  Then the transformation from the ugly duckling "itik hodoh" would begin  when they started believing in themselves and in their self worth and dignity.Watching glamorous Michelle tell her story and seeing her confidence was a real treat for our girls. She inspired our girls to believe in themselves and to believe that they could also be like her, transform from the ugly duckling into the glam beauty she is now.




Michelle mobbed by our students




Michelle laughing as she finishes playing her impromptu piece on our ancient piano.
When Michelle finished singing the Night Star, the girls broke out in thunderous applause!









Lyrics of Nightstar

There are days when I just can't wait till the night comes
'Cos when the night comes the stars come out to play
And when the light's off and they are all asleep
That's when I wake up and throw my cares away

I see the night stars they shine so brightly
Softly so gently they will cll out to me
They understand how it feels to be
So silently longing to be free

I'm feeling like a star, like a night star
Feeling like a star, like a night star, and I'm
and I'm shining just for you

Looking back on the days I feel trapped inside
When the days seemed so dark
And the night so bright
I just look out my windows to the stars
Up so high in the sky
My dreams take flight








happy girls in convent sentul

1 comment:


  1. Kalyan offers an extensive range of traditional and contemporary jewellery designs in gold,please go to link all information - Kalyan jewellers

    ReplyDelete