Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hari Anugerah Cemerlang

I am trying to blog again after a fairly long hiatus. The Blogger Dashboard went through some changes and I could not view the buttons on the top. Then I also could not see what I had typed. Thirdly I could not find the edit button which allowed me to edit. All this made me uneasy about publishing posts on the blog.

First I want to record my thanks to Dr Cheah Yin Mee ( and her husband Mr Wong)  for gracing the occasion as guest of honor.




Dr. Cheah's deep affection and nostalgic memories of SMK Convent Sentul left a deep impression on us all. She had 3 slides - black and white pics of her in school. She also showed us a picture of her next to Tai Yoke Lin, the headgirl for 1971.  Dr Cheah's speech inspired our girls to dream of future success. She said "School is so worth it." She encouraged the girls to take every opportunity to learn and not grumble about the teachers overworking them. She stated that education is really about the preparation for life. She firmly stated that education is so much more than just getting good grades. Good grades opened doors but it would be our character and our personality that carry us after the doors have been opened.

 Our teachers listened attentively to Dr Cheah. I was also touched by the fact that our girls have learned to give back to the school. The SPM 2012 girls who recieved RM 6,100/- from Mr Lee Geok Ai's personal contribution gave back a sum of over RM 1,500/- back to the school. In fact some girls opted to give more immediately on Speech Day.

Our girls entertained us well. I enjoyed the creative dances and the choir.


I will keep this post shorter than usual since I am still struggling with the format of the new blog which I do not know how to edit.

School is so worth it! Dr Cheah declared this 39 years after she has left school because the lessons she learned here were so worthwhile. May you echo this sentiment while you are yet in school and even after you have left school

No comments:

Post a Comment